Sunday, January 18, 2009

i love pizza in malindi

So this morning I woke up early and started washing my clothes. Since I haven't washed clothes since Loitokitok, there were a lot! Even though I wear skirts and pants 2 or 3 times. Ugh! And they were dirty!!! Loitokitok dirt followed me here! Had to change water 4 or 5 times - should have changed it more! Pain in the butt!!! I need to find a nice old Italian couple that have a vacation house and will let me use their washing machine!!! Haha! And dryer! Things take forever to dry and I'm worried when I wash my sheets that I won't be able to use them that night. Anyway, I was not in a very good mood this morning but it was something that needed to be done and I'm happy now it's finished. What put me in a terrific mood today was...

First, when the girl came with my tea and mandazi, I had ice and made iced chai and it was delicious! And I didn't start my morning already sweating profusely.

Second, I had a nice walk to town. It's pretty far and I could take a matatu (taxi van) but I wanted to enjoy the 40 min and really appreciate where I am. There are bright gorgeous bougainvilleas everywhere!!! So I walked all the way to the beach and went to I LOVE PIZZA. Delicious!!! I had the 4 cheese pizza (mozzarella, parmesan, gorgonzola and I forget.) Had 2 glasses of passion fruit juice with crushed ice (!!!) that was also delicious! I could have sat there forever! But I didn't, I walked down to the pier and just looked out at the Indian Ocean for a while. Sun was bright but there's a great breeze today. Headed back into town and bought food at the gas station since all the shops are closed on sunday. Jumped on a matatu and headed home. Since I had such a big lunch, dinner will be a delicious peanut butter and banana sandwich! And I'm excited!!!

1 comment:

mom and dad said...

Sounds just as good as California Pizza Kitchen! So according to Paul's blog, the strike is still on. I will be working but I plan to have the TV on all day in the library to see all the celebration. Love, Mom