Sunday, December 28, 2008

Live the questions now.

Yesterday we snacked on the goat’s head. Today my family and I made lunch for my Deaf Ed group and my “cousin” (my mama’s sister has a PC Trainee too.)



“Live the questions now.” It’s an important phrase in my life right now. As soon as I heard I was leaving for the Peace Corps I had an artist on Etsy engrave it on a necklace for me. I wear it every day. The phrase comes from a longer quote that I’ve enjoyed for years:

Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don’t search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, some day far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.
~Rainer Maria Rilke

There were so many questions I had about joining the Peace Corps. I still have questions and I’m still not sure. Sometimes I’m scared about living the questions and sometimes they excite me. But I’m going to live them and maybe someday it will make sense in my life.

Now comes the mystery. ~H. Beecher

I love quotes and there will be a lot more to come, I’m sure. Share some of your favorites.

Love! Erin

No comments: